The Best Homeopathic Remedies for UTIs
There’s no way to say this delicately, so I’m just gonna go for it. And after all, this is a safe place, and we’re all friends here, right? So, friends, here goes: I used to get UTIs (urinary tract infections). ALL. THE. TIME.
I mean, seriously, it seemed like a constant issue. (Yeast infections, too, but let’s focus on the UTIs for now and hit the yeast infections later.) It sucked. But the silver lining (because there is always a silver lining!) was that I learned some natural ways to help my body fight them off, and eventually, once I stopped eating so many carbs and sugar, they stopped being an issue pretty much altogether.
The number one natural remedy I used for my UTIs was the homeopathic remedy Cantharis. It was amazing, and it never let me down. I would take 5 of the little pellets (I’d just let drop them straight into my mouth from the vial and dissolve them under my tongue) the instant something felt “off,” then continue taking doses every 1-2 hours for the first day (if needed, and if I noticed my symptoms improving at least a little bit, I would continue taking the remedy every few hours on the second day). Usually, that’s all it took, and it was frequently gone the next day. It worked like a charm (at least for me), but there are actually a number of homeopathic remedies that can help with UTIs.
And, since homeopathy works best when you match the correct symptoms to the correct remedy, it’s worth going over the main homeopathic remedies for UTIs. That way, you can pick the one best suited to your issue. The great thing about homeopathy is there are no side effects, and if you pick the wrong remedy, the only thing that will happen is, well, nothing. If it doesn’t help after 1-2 days, chances are it was the wrong remedy, and you should try a different one.
Remember, too, no matter what remedy you try, to drink a lot of water when you have a UTI. You want to pee as much as possible to flush those bacteria out. OK, now to a description of the remedies.
Cantharis: Best for UTIs that include the following symptoms:
- Blood visible in the urine
- Burning pain that gets worse before, during, or after you urinate (or while passing the last few drops of urine)
- Constant but useless urge to urinate (often with just a few drops of urine)
- Hot, cloudy urine
- Itching and burning in the urethra
- Pain focused in the urethra (not in the bladder)
- Pain that makes you frantic and crazy
Apis mellifica: Best for UTIs that include the following symptoms:
- Blood visible in the urine
- Hot urine with a milky appearance (often has an offensive odor)
- Stinging pain that gets worse just after urination (or while passing the last few drops of urine)
- Very small amount of urine each time you go
Staphysagria: Best for UTIs that include the following symptoms:
- Constant pressure in the bladder
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Intense burning during and after urination
- Pain in your lower back
- Small amounts of urine when you do go
- UTI came on just after you became angry at someone and suppressed that anger
- UTI came on soon after you had an invasive procedure or gave birth
Equisetum: Best for UTIs that include the following symptoms:
- Severe, dull pain
- Constant urge to urinate accompanied by passing large quantities of urine with no relief from pain
- Clear or light-colored urine
Natrum Mur: Best for UTIs that include the following symptoms:
- Intense burning at the end of urination
- Frequent, sudden urges to urinate
- Dark-colored urine
- Red sediment in urine
Sarsaparilla: Best for UTIs that include the following symptoms:
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Burning pain at the end of urination
- Urine contains flakes or sediment
- Other remedies have proven ineffective
While these aren’t the only remedies, they are some of the most common and effective. All of these remedies can be purchased through Amazon by clicking the remedy name above. I generally purchase remedies with a 30C potency; however, if you’ve never used homeopathic remedies before, you could start with a lower potency (6X) and see if your symptoms improve. If they do show improvement but don’t go away, you may want to stick with the same remedy but switch to a higher potency. Also, just to be on the safe side (because you don’t want to dilute a homeopathic remedy), it’s a good idea to take the remedy when you haven’t had anything to eat or drink for the last 30 minutes, and you aren’t planning to eat or drink anything for at least 30 minutes after taking the remedy.
Click here for more resources and information about this topic.
Here is a round-up of products mentioned in the article for your shopping convenience!
- Cantharis 30C
- Apis mellifica 30C
- Staphysagria 30C
- Equisetum 30C
- Natrum Muriaticum 30C
- Sarsaparilla 30C
You can click the buttons below to go back to the Women’s Health articles, or you can venture to our Women’s Health supplies and products we love!
Disclaimer: All information contained herein is intended for educational purposes only. It is not provided to diagnose, prevent, or treat any disease, illness, or injured condition for any human or animal, and Mother Nature’s Truths, as well as the author(s), contributor(s), publishers, and owners accept no responsibility for such use. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury, or who has an animal suffering from such, should consult with their physician or veterinarian. The statements herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.